Tooth Implants, Sioux Falls SD
Are you fed-up of wearing your old removable dentures? Or need a reliable and long-lasting replacement option for your missing teeth? Either way, you can say goodbye to your old dentures, and say hello to a beautiful smile! At Riverview Dental, our experienced dentists can help you regain your smile back by replacing your missing natural teeth with tooth implants.
What is a Tooth Implant?
An implant is simply a fixture that is inserted into the jaw bone to function as the root component of a missing tooth. Tooth implants are prepared from Titanium alloys, which possess the unique capability of promoting bone formation around the surface of the implant. As a result, tooth implants become firmly anchored inside the bone and can effectively support restorations like crowns, bridges, and removable dentures.
How Tooth Implants Work
Tooth or dental implants have an excellent clinical success rate. According to the available scientific literature, implants have a long-term success rate of more than 98%. This success and durability of the implants is attributable to their ability to form a direct connection with the surrounding bone, in a process known as osteointegration. Due to osseointegration, an implant virtually becomes a part of the bone and provides a firm base for the attachment of removable or fixed artificial teeth. This is why implant supported prostheses are much more long-lasting and efficient than other tooth replacement options such as removable dentures and bridges.
Who Can Benefit from Tooth Implants
According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, more than 3 million people in the US have replaced their missing teeth with tooth implants, and this number is growing by 500,000 each year. A tooth implant is an ideal option for all individuals who want to get their missing teeth permanently restored. Tooth implants can be used successfully to replace missing teeth in the following cases:
- Single Missing Tooth – A tooth implant can be used to replace a single missing tooth by attaching a porcelain crown over it
- Multiple Missing Teeth – in case you have multiple missing teeth in a jaw, our dentists can provide you with a fixed or removable appliance that is supported by two or more tooth implant
- Complete Smile Makeover – not happy with your smile? Our dentists will give you a complete smile makeover with tooth implants, so that you can enjoy the smile of your dreams!
Tooth Implant Process
At Riverview Dental, we follow the guidelines provided by the American Dental Association for the placement of tooth implants:
- Patient Evaluation – not every individual is a suitable candidate for getting an implant. Therefore, we make sure that you are eligible for getting tooth implants, before proceeding with the treatment
- Treatment Planning – placement of an implant requires extensive evaluation and clinical examination of each patient. In addition to a detailed clinical examination, we will also look at the study models of your upper and lower teeth, to formulate a treatment plan that is tailored according to your dental needs and esthetics aspirations
- The Surgical Procedure – on the day of your appointment, we will first make you pain-free with the help of local anesthesia. Once you’re completely relaxed, our dentist will make an incision over the soft tissue at the implant site, to expose the underlying jaw bone. Next, a hole will be made into bone with the help of a laser, so that it corresponds to the diameter of the implant
- Placement of the Implant – afterwards, the implant is screwed into position by applying controlled forces. The soft tissue flap is sutured back into position, and the surgical site is left undisturbed to promote healing
- Loading the Implant – once the site has healed, a suitable prosthesis is attached to the implant. In some cases, loading of the implant may also be carried out at the same day when the implant is placed into the bone. This type of implant is known as “same-day dental implant” and technique is called immediate implant loading.
Why you Should Consider Tooth Implants
At Riverview Dental, we recommend tooth implants for replacing missing teeth because of their excellent longevity, efficiency, and esthetics. Implant supported teeth feel, look, and function just like the natural ones. Also, with tooth implants you can enjoy all your favorite foods which you were unable to eat when you wore dentures. They also don’t require frequent repairs or replacements, thereby saving you a lot of trouble and hassle.
Here’s why we consider ourselves the best dental implant practice in Sioux Falls:
- Patient Satisfaction is Our Priority – patient satisfaction and comfort always comes first! We use the highest quality tooth implants that not only provide the best esthetic results, but they are also durable and long-lasting
- Highest quality materials – we use only the highest quality materials and tested tooth implant procedures
- Treatment Fully Customized According to your Needs – We also prepare a customize treatment plan for each of our patients so that they are provided with the best and individualized patient care throughout their duration of treatment
- Painless Procedure – at Riverview Dental, we want our patients to remain comfortable while we give them a brand-new smile with tooth implants. Therefore, instead of using conventional hand-pieces for drilling through bone, we use a state of the art Solea laser surgical system, which is not only much more precise but it also eliminates the use for drilling and makes tooth implant surgery a virtually painless procedure. In addition, laser systems also induce lesser damage at the surgical site and even accelerate healing through bio-stimulation of the dental tissues
- Easy Payment Options – as for the tooth implant cost, every case is different. However, we accept insurance such as Delta Dental and Care Credit in addition to accepting all major credit cards and other financing options.
If you are a resident of Sioux Falls SD, a beautiful and long-lasting smile is awaiting you at Riverview Dental. Visit us today to discuss the possibility of replacing your missing teeth with tooth implants. We would love to be a reason for your smile!
Call us today with your questions 605-339-2040!