Best Teeth Whitening in Sioux Falls, SD
Worried about your stained and discolored teeth which are ruining your smile? Well, no more!
Professional teeth whitening at Riverview Dental can help you get back your smile and confidence. Each day thousands of people throughout the world visit dentists for teeth whitening or teeth bleaching. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), about 82% of the patients who have undergone professional whitening feel a visible improvement in their smiles at the first appointment. So, what’s stopping you from getting baby white and sparkly teeth?
Why We Are the Best
At Riverview Dental in Sioux Falls our entire staff continue to update their education and skills. Additionally, we equip our clinic with the latest dental technologies and equipment to benefit our customers.
Here are a few things you might want to know about teeth bleaching:
This is a cosmetic procedure which involves the application of a bleaching agent on the teeth, so that they appear sparkling white. Our professional teeth whitening is so effective that after a single procedure, you can see a reduction in the shade of your teeth.
Who can Benefit From This Cosmetic Procedure
If you have teeth stains, then you are a candidate for professional teeth whitening. You can benefit from it if you have:
- Tea and Coffee Stains – If you have a habit of drinking coffee or tea throughout the day, chances are that your teeth have already been stained. But don’t worry, at Riverview Dental we will remove them for you so that you can enjoy a perfect smile.
- Tobacco Stains – Tobacco in any form, either smoked or chewed, is notorious for causing teeth staining. A thoroughly done whitening procedure in can help you get rid of these stains, giving you a beautiful reason to smile again.
- Food Stains – Some foods contain chromogenic products, which can cause teeth stains. Professional whitening is quite effective in removing these stains.
However, remember that only stains attached to the outer surface of the teeth are removed through a whitening or bleaching procedure. Teeth stains that are inside the structure of the tooth need to be removed through a special procedure. The procedure requires gaining access into the tooth’s interior and removing the stains.
How It Works
The principal behind the effectiveness of the procedure is the use of a safe and potent bleaching agent. Most tooth whitening formulas approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) contain carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. As soon as the LED light activates the chemical, carbamide peroxide disintegrates, the formation of hydrogen peroxide occurs. This formation penetrates beneath the enamel layer of the tooth and dissolves teeth stains.
Types of Whitening
Whiter teeth are achieved in two ways. Either by using bleaching agents or with the help of teeth whitening toothpastes. However, research has shown that bleaching agents are more effective in terms of teeth stain removal.
- Bleaching Agents – The ADA strictly regulates these whitening agents. There are three types of teeth whitening options available.
- At-Home Whitening – This type of whitening can be performed in your own home using whitening formulas, gels or strips. However, these formulas are not as potent or efficient as those offered at a dentist’s office.
- Professional – This type of teeth bleaching can only be performed under the supervision of a dentist. Also, it provides significantly better results than at home whitening. Therefore, for best teeth whitening results, we recommend that you should get your teeth professionally whitened by a dentist.
- Dentist Prescribed At-Home – In this type of teeth bleaching, dentists provide the patients with a whitening formula and custom trays. The patients fill these trays with the bleaching agent. Then, they wear them over their teeth for the prescribed time duration.
Whenever you visit a dentist for teeth whitening, ask the dental team whether the whitening formula they use has been approved by the ADA or not.
Whitening toothpastes do not contain bleaching agents. Instead, they contain mild abrasives which improve the shade of the teeth by physically removing teeth stains. Make sure to use toothpastes that contain the ADA seal of approval.
How Professional Whitening is Performed:
Before your Appointment
- Patient Evaluation – Before starting a procedure, the dentist will first evaluate the cause of your teeth stains, and determine whether you are a suitable candidate for teeth whitening.
- Teeth Cleaning – Before you come for you appointment, we will ultrasonically clean your teeth to remove plaque and tartar deposits from your teeth.
- Fabrication of Custom Whitening Trays – We will make an impression of your teeth, one for each jaw, which will be sent to the dental laboratory for fabrication of whitening trays.
On the Day of your Appointment
A typical teeth whitening procedure usually lasts for 30-45 minutes, and involves the following steps:
Application of a Protective Agent
A protective agent such as cocoa butter or Vaseline will be applied to your gums to protect accidental bleaching.
The Tooth Bleaching Procedure
The whitening agent will be added into the custom whitening trays. Then you will place these trays inside your mouth. An LED light activates the bleaching agent, which performs its action for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, you remove the trays and observe the bleaching effect. If required, another round of tooth whitening may be performed after some time.
Preserving your Smile After the Procedure
Although teeth whitening is an excellent option for restoring your smile, do not take it as an alternative to regular dental hygiene habits. After a whitening procedure, your teeth will only remain white permanently if you brush and floss your teeth regularly. Another thing to keep in mind is that the bleaching agent has no effect on stained tooth colored fillings or porcelain crowns and bridges. So that all teeth have the same shade, we recommend replacing fillings and prostheses.
At Riverview Dental, we take pride in providing the best teeth whitening services in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. You come to us with crooked and stained teeth, and walk away with a beautiful smile and a perfect set of teeth.
Call us today, and ask a dental specialist why at Riverview you’ll get the best teeth whitening services in town.